Thursday, October 1, 2009

Girl Gang...Sunny Days

We are starting our new Girl Gang meeting for the year at Broadbent's and Janice has hung her first few blocks from the ceiling over the cutting table. The quilt is called "Sunny Days" and in typical Janice style it is wonderful! Janice has more talent in her pinky than I have in my entire body. She has an amazing gift for putting colors, patterns, textures, and visual interest together. You can't tell in the photo, but even the dog is a texture fabric, so you can pet him! I personally just stand next to her and hope something jumps off of her and lands on me!
Can you see how she fussy cuts the center of the flowers and adds even more interest?!! And check the bird out with the fussy cut wing.

I'm hoping to start on mine this week. It's the most tempting quilt I've seen in a long time. I'm lousy at applique, but am inspired by Janice and want to make this one for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Janice really did a fabulous job. I see that the dog would look very cute in Texture Magic, don't you think?
    And I know you are getting better and better at applique all the time!

    ReplyDelete