Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve


I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday season. It's been forever since I've posted and I thought I'd catch you up just a bit with what I've been doing with all this 'family time'. On Christmas Eve we had a big 'Thanksgiving' dinner because no one could come home for Thanksgiving and then we went to Temple Square in Salt Lake and saw the lights. It was an extremely cold night...probably only 5-7 degrees! We walked all around the Square and saw the beautiful lights and the nativity scene. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it might be and was a wonderful way to remember our Savior and feel the Christmas spirit. The above photo is all of us in one place...it's been quite a while since I got to enjoy this scene.
Salt Lake Latter Day Saint Temple


Jena and her boyfriend Greg.
Statue of Joseph Smith on the Square. If you ever get to Utah...you must take the time to walk around Temple Square as it's one of the most lovely places to visit.



3 comments:

  1. I miss seeing the lights on Temple Square at Christmas time. It looks fun, but cold! (The cold part I don't miss). It was so nice to have Jena and Greg over for dinner about a week ago. You have a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thing to do on Christmas Eve! I love going to Temple Square to see the beautiful
    lights. It is a perfect thing to do to welcome the true meaning of Christmas into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to catch up with you. The holidays were so busy! It is nice to have a fresh calendar to go forth now!

    ReplyDelete