Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Installment of February's Girl Gang

I took so many photos the other day at our quilt meeting, that I'm going to show you part of it today and part of it next time. I have been trying to download these since Tuesday and for some reason the photos would not upload into blogger. I decided the best thing to do would be to start over on an entire new blog post, so I tried that today and it worked! The quilts below are by Wendy Nabhan. She's a new attender to our meeting and we found out rapidly how talented she is...and prolific! She has mastered the art of making quick quilts and has lots of ideas on how to speed up a project. She is a machine quilter who gets your quilt completed and back to you in one week! I've decided the woman doesn't sleep. The quilt below is a quilt for her family room and the back of it is a smooth minky. I haven't seen that before, but it is lovely and so warm and cozy.


This is a quilt I want to make for sure! I love how she put those picots on the edges and it goes perfect with the zig zag pattern of the quilt. I am crazy about the fabrics she used too.


A great use of layer cakes and you can see that picot edge again.

This quilt is a quicky. Wendy's family are BYU fans, so she made a football field quilt to cuddle under while watching the games on tv.

A whole cloth quilt made with wonderful fabrics and made even more special with a scalloped border.

A red and white beauty with large ric rack on the edges.

This is another layer cake. She cut the squares on a diagnal and then sewed the red strips inbetween. There's a close up below to explain more. She made the entire quilt in 5 hours!

Our fearless leader Flora showed some of her beauties. This is a darling Valentine quilt made simple with a panel printed with the wreaths and letters.

This is another one I'd like to make. I'm confident that my friends RaeAnn from Cutie Pinwheel and Nanette from Freda's Hive will be drooling over this one. They LOVE these grandma prints! She's teaching this class at Ruby's Inn this month girls!

This one would be a good one to use up bunches of scraps on! Or that fat quarter pack you don't have a plan for.

Flora's also teaching medallion quilts at Ruby's. This one is stunning!!

Gail is a member of our Girl Gang group and she is doing this quilt out of wool. Flora has been working on it in fabric. It's beautiful Flora!! I love your fabric choices.


















3 comments:

  1. So many wonderful quilts, I almost don't know where to start. First, I want to make the zig zag quilt with you. Lets talk more about that when you come this weekend.
    I love all of Flora's quilts, and am looking forward to seeing them upclose at Bryce. I think the last one (out of wool) is a Sue Spargo design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Judi! What a show!!! I picked a bad day to be gone! I loved seeing all that I missed and you are so right...I loved the Aunt Gracies quilt. Anything Flora makes..makes me want to just follow her around with my sewing machine. I love her quilts.
    Hey...are you ready to get going on our Valentines quilt? I hope to at least get it cut out this week. Did you see my last post on making a veiw template? That is what you need. I have extra charm pack cardboards...so I will just make you one! :)

    ReplyDelete