Thursday, February 11, 2010

2nd Installment of February's Girl Gang

Gail Berry is a member of our Girl Gang and she brings the most stunning antique quilts for us to enjoy. This one just may be my favorite. You'll see a close up below of the little flower print that the quilter used as her background and it is such a charming piece. Also, if you look in the bottom right hand corner of the photo, the quilter used different blues in the corner blocks as she must have run out of the original blue. Maybe she felt like we do sometimes that her quilt wasn't perfect and might not be fit to show and now all these years later, we LOVE it and admire her work and want to duplicate it! One thing I learn from seeing these beauties, is there isn't a 'wrong' way to do it, so I need to be kinder to myself.

This photo doesn't show the true color of this quilt. It is the exact color of cheddar cheese and gorgeous!

A couple of years ago our local quilt group copied this antique quilt and traded the cross blocks with each other for more variety.
Lori showed this darling bird quilt and it's high on my list of the next little beauty I want to make. I took 3 pictures of it! I wanted you to see the designer herself. She is super creative and I love everything she shows!




Lori's daughter got married last year and she designed this quilt for the new couple. It's an heirloom. Am I the only one who remembers being lucky to get a tied flannel quilt for their wedding?!

This is Lori's current Girl Gang flimsy. She used a newspaper print fabric behind her trees. And changed her bee skips to more of a hive. She's made the most charming quilt. I need to sit by her and maybe have some of that creativeness rub off on me!

Janice is one of our leaders at Girl Gang and she made this Valentine quilt a couple of years ago. She used about every red in her sewing room and I've been wanting to make it ever since. I've decided that I am going to make it even if it's not ready until next Valentine's Day.













2 comments:

  1. I have been so drawn to birds in quilt fabric lately. That bird quilt really calls to me, so I think we need to make that one together too! Do you know how to get ahold of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great quilt show. I am inspired on a winter Monday

    ReplyDelete