Friday, September 2, 2011

Moving Day

Our 'newborn' moved out last week. She's 18 and off on her own in college. She was convinced she needed EVERYTHING in her room. I was convinced she'd end up sending half of it home!
Did you ever read your children the book called, "The Mitten" by Jan Brett? If you haven't, put it on your immediate things to get list! We read it at least a 100 times as the children were growing up. You'll see how it applies to this moving experience when you read it!!
Mom...this is heavy. Don't stop me for pictures all day as this could get extremely annoying. Scroll down a couple of photos and you'll see what I mean.
"The Muscle". When the boys were growing up, I used to say to them when I needed something done that, "God gave me you boys for muscle and I expect you to use them". They are wonderful sons and are always good to show up when I ask. This one had an enormous leg and foot (couldn't even get a shoe on) from a river rafting wound and a subsequent staff infection and yet he still showed up to help. He did a lot of limping, but kept on working. Even wounded he can out work me.
Remember the irritated face I said was coming a couple of photos ago? This one says, "Mother, enough already. I have things to do and your interrupting and irritating taking these stupid photos." Believe it or not, she really did get all this stuff put away and found a place for it to fit. Her brother made her bed that high as you can see behind her. She is 5'10" and still has to high jump to get on her bed. I have to stand on an upside down trash can to get up there! But a bed that high, makes for great storage space.
This is the sad, sad room without her in it. I miss my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment